Joining a food cooperative provides the foundation for a resilient, locally rooted economy centered on community involvement and democratic participation.
We abide by the Seven International Cooperative Principles, which are:
- Voluntary, Open Ownership
- Democratic Owner Control
- Owner Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training, and Information
- Cooperation Among Cooperatives
- Concern For the Community
Our member-owners sustain our co-op through democratic participation and control. Join the co-op today!
Invest and Participate
Membership is co-op ownership. Your co-op membership should be considered a stock purchase rather than an expiring membership. You are truly purchasing a share of stock in the cooperative business itself.
- Democratically participate in your local food co-op
- Directly invest in the local economy & support local non-profits
- Vote in elections and on proposals
- Serve on the Board of Directors and advisory committees
View our Co-op Bylaws (updated August 2021)
Invest and Save
Co-op membership offers numerous financial benefits, including:
- Receiving 10% discount off a single entire purchase each quarter
- Accessing members-only monthly sales on a variety of products
- Receiving an additional discount (reduced markup of 15% above cost) on special orders
- Receiving an annual patronage dividend based on co-op purchases when annual profits are sufficient
- Writing checks up to $40 over purchase amount (cash-back)
View our 2017 Co-op Owner Guide for more details.
$100 is good for a lifetime membership for you and your family members.
To become a member, simply choose if you would like to make a one-time payment of $100, or 5 annual payments of $20. If you choose 5 annual payments, you will receive a notification annually for your payment. You may pay your balance for the full $100 any time at the register.
We require an updated mailing address, phone number, and email address for co-op members in order to facilitate annual voting on new Board of Directors appointees and amendments to the co-op bylaws. Monthly newsletters are emailed to co-op members detailing upcoming events, monthly owner sales, news from the General Manager and Board of Directors, and more. We do not sell or publicize any information provided by our membership.
Frequently Asked Questions