It's Election Time!!!
It’s Election Time!
Opportunity to be nominated to run for 3 open seats on Moonflower’s 7-member board
What Is The Board's Role?
The Board of Directors is the representative of the member/owners and, as such, is responsible for the overall well-being of Moonflower Community Cooperative. The Board exercises its authority through its relationship with the Directors of Finance and Operations, whom it hires and monitors.
The Board does not involve itself in operational details. They do not make decisions about what the co-op stocks, the specifics of personnel issues, or the day to day operations.
What are the requirements?
- 10-15 hours per month
- Prepare for and participate in monthly board meetings (3rd Tuesday 5 – 7:45PM)
- Discussion via phone or email between meetings as necessary
- Subcommittee participation
- Attend annual retreat (one weekend)
- Attend annual member/owner meeting
- 3 year term
- Be an active Co-operative member/owner
Board members receive a 15% discount on purchases at Moonflower and a reduced markup on special orders.
How to Apply
To apply, please fill out an Application for Moonflower Community Cooperative Board Candidacy and submit it in a sealed envelope at Moonflower or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are due by February 11
- Nominations will be posted February 19