Inflammation Mitigation with Christina Meyer
Keys to remember:
- Our bodies are used to inflammation, because the world is full of things that cause an inflammatory response
- Inflammation is a healing response, it happens when our cells are damaged. A sprained ankle is obviously damage to tissue cells, and the swelling is obviously inflammation.
- Our cells are damaged in lots of ways, not just through an injury like a sprained ankle, and it’s a normal part of life. Some things that cause inflammation:
- Airborn irritants like chemical off-gassing, pollen, dust, etc.
- Sun exposure
- Fight-or-flight chemicals released by the body when we’re under stress for whatever reason
- Food that is hard to digest for one reason or another
- Viruses and bacteria
- We can help our body have less inflammatory responses by avoiding things that cause inflammation
- We can help our body process through inflammation effectively by eating a lot of antioxidants, which aid in cell rebuilding, and getting as much sleep, hydration and happy feelings as possible